WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AFTER AN ACCIDENT
- You have the right to have your vehicle repaired at the shop of YOUR CHOICE. Select the shop you feel the most comfortable with.
- You do not need to obtain more than one estimate. Remember, you decide where you are going to have your vehicle repaired. Obtain an estimate from that shop and let them handle everything for you.
- You do not have to drive your vehicle to an insurance claim center. Tell the insurance company to send their appraiser to your repair shop to look at your vehicle.
- If your vehicle is not safely drivable, have it towed directly to the shop of your choice, if possible. Having it towed to a storage lot can incur additional expenses and leave it vulnerable to theft and vandalism.
- Make sure the repair shop you select is able to handle all the paperwork and work with your insurance company.
- Also, choose a shop that has all the correct equipment to be able to repair your vehicle and get it back in pre-accident condition.
- Find out what kind of warranty the shop offers. If there is something about the repairs you are not happy with, you want to make sure they are going to correct it for you.